Eteläkorealainen laiva upposi Atlantilla rautamalmilastissa

Aloittaja Juha Tuomala, 02.04.2017, 15:32:14

« edellinen - seuraava »

Juha Tuomala

LainaaA South Korean cargo vessel is missing after making its last contact in the South Atlantic about 2,500 kilometres (1,500 miles) from shore and 22 crew members are unaccounted for, South Korea's foreign ministry and news reports said on Sunday.

Two Filipino crew members have been rescued floating in a life raft on Saturday, but other lifeboats and rafts found in the area were empty, South Korea's Yonhap news agency reported.

"A search operation is continuing for the 22 people," a South Korean foreign ministry official in Seoul said by telephone, adding eight of the missing are South Korean nationals and 14 are Filipinos.

South Korea has requested Brazil and Uruguay to aid in the search and rescue, the official said asking not to be identified.

The very large ore carrier (VLOC) Stellar Daisy owned and operated by South Korea's Polaris Shipping based in Busan was sailing from Brazil to China carrying iron ore when it sent a distress signal to the ship operator on Friday, Yonhap said.

A message last received on Friday by Polaris from a crew member said the ship was taking in water on the port side and was listing rapidly, Yonhap said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/02/south-korea-cargo-ship-stellar-daisy-missing-south-atlantic/

Vähän harvinaisempaa nykyään tämä laivojen uppoaminen. Mikä lie aiheuttanut veden sisääntulon? Törmääminen johonkin vai rungon vauriot merenkäynnissä? Venäläinen sukellusvene joiden ajelu on jo kylmän sodan tasolla? :-]

Edit: Etäisyys lähtösatamaan on lyhyt joten kyse ei ole mistään avomerionnettomuudesta per se.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:712756/mmsi:538003486/imo:9038725/vessel:STELLAR_DAISY

Iso laiva, 321 x 58.

BBC aiheesta: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-39467269

Pekka Laakso

Odin.tc sivuston mukaan epäillään malmilastin liettymistä, minkä vuoksi alus oli ensin kallistunut ja ilmeisesti kaatunut ennen uppoamistaan.

Voytenkon englanninkielinen versio myös osoitteessa:
https://www.fleetmon.com/maritime-news/2017/17783/very-large-ore-carrier-stellar-daisy-missing-after/

Kuulostaa siis aika tutulta eikö vain? Olisiko Tuomas Romulla jotain lisättävää?
Copyright © 2023 Hölynpöly. Kaikki oikeudet pidätetään.

Tuomas Romu

Lainaus käyttäjältä: Pekka Laakso - 02.04.2017, 19:33:49
Odin.tc sivuston mukaan epäillään malmilastin liettymistä, minkä vuoksi alus oli ensin kallistunut ja ilmeisesti kaatunut ennen uppoamistaan.

Kuulostaa siis aika tutulta eikö vain? Olisiko Tuomas Romulla jotain lisättävää?

Kuinka suuri vaikutus lastin siirtymisellä on tuon tyyppisessä aluksessa (VLOC) tavalliseen irtolastilaivaan (tai kansilastiproomuun) verrattuna. Ainakin uudemmissa malmilaivoissa lastiruumat ovat kapeammat, jolloin malmin "vapaa nestepinta" on pienempi. Tämä on toki vanhempi, 90-luvun alusta, irtolastilaivojen maailmassa ikäloppu.
All information and details given in good faith but not guaranteed!

Juha Tuomala

Lainaus käyttäjältä: Pekka Laakso - 02.04.2017, 19:33:49

Voytenkon englanninkielinen versio myös osoitteessa:
https://www.fleetmon.com/maritime-news/2017/17783/very-large-ore-carrier-stellar-daisy-missing-after/

LainaaBut at 0354 and 03 57 there were two distress signals, sent via Distress Alert DSC, and those alerts can be sent by persons only, not automatically. Signals were sent from position some 6 nm off EPIRB signal position.

Sitä on puskettu eteenpäin vaikka kallistuma on aiheuttanut hätäkutsut. Onko vauhdilla merkitystä vakauttamisessa vai kokoluokan pysähtymismatka on tota luokkaa? AIS-lähetykset oli kans olleet mykkänä viime päivät.

Juha Tuomala

Saman kokoluokan alus:
https://youtu.be/GHH25IJ20Bc
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MV_Derbyshire

LainaaUltimately it was determined that waves crashing over the front of the ship had sheared off the covers of small ventilation pipes near the bow. Over the next 30+ hours, seawater had entered through the exposed pipes into the forward section of the ship, causing the bow to slowly ride lower and lower in the water. Eventually, the bow was completely exposed to the full force of the rough waves which caused the massive hatch on the first cargo hold to buckle inward allowing hundreds of tons of water to enter

Tuomas Romu

Stellar Daisy oli konveroitu 2000-luvun lopussa malmilaivaksi yksirunkoisesta raakaöljysäiliöaluksesta yhdessä kuuden muun sisaraluksen kanssa. Tuo oli yhteen maailmanaikaan varsin yleinen muutostyö kun yhtä laivatyyppiä tarvittiin ja toisesta aika ajoi ohi (kiristyvät MARPOL-vaatimukset). Tällä voi olla jotain tekemistä onnettomuuden kanssa mikäli syyksi paljastuu rakenteiden pettäminen.

Tuomas Romu

Aiemmin saman varustamon Stellar Unicorn joutui hakeutumaan Kapkaupunkiin painolastitankkiin tulleen vuodon takia. Nyt Stellar Daisyn etsintäoperaatiota koordinoinut Stellar Cosmo joutui niin ikään lähtemään Kapkaupunkiin korjailemaan rakenteisiin tulleita vaurioita:.

http://splash247.com/another-defect-found-polaris-vloc/

Aika karua luettavaa nuo selviytyneiden miehistönjäsenten kokemukset:

OILER STATEMENT:

I am Renato L. Daymiel no.1 oiler of Stellar Daisy Polaris shipping. The day the ship sinks March 31, 2017 friday. one o'clock in the afternoon(1300H) we repair economizer SOOT blow pipe with Joker (wiper) and winston (cadet). after thirty minutes the ship was shaking and it was strong. And then the main engine comes to slow. Captain announced "All crew go to Bridge" three times. So we immediately run upstairs and I noticed that the ship is slowly listing to port side. When we arrived at upper deck we cannot proceed to the bridge or in our cabin to get our life jacket and immersion suit because the ship continues to list that's why we go directly to stbd side and out. I hold into the railings near to where the life raft is., wiper and cadet was holding near to a door in upper deck. Buson was next to me because he told me that we're going to release the life raft but we did not do it anymore because the ship is listing rapidly. That's why i stand on top of the railings. When i turn my sight to the cargo holds; the metals was exploding and there was a strong pressure of water with a bunker coming out near to us that's why I jumped but it caught me,..-- i noticed that i was under water. rolling like im inside the washing machine. when the water stop rolling; there was a strong pressure of water pushing me up. that's why i was easily up into the surface. when i was in the surface, i did not see the ship anymore. There are plenty of things floating nearby one of those was the immersion suit that has a name print of it BSN. I went for it and guided to swim, i also saw a life jacket. I noticed around and i saw a life boat but it was capsized and has a damged on the side. I went for it near to the propeller that it was already on top. i shouted to my crew mates " Where are you" but no one answered. 5 minutes had passed on a capsized lifeboat. Not too long enough, I noticed two life raft that floating one of those was capsized, sometimes vanishing because of the big waves. It comes to my mind to transfer to the life raft hoping that my crew mates was there. I wear the immersion suit and life jacket. i swim to the life raft that has a distance more or less 300 meters, when i was near to it, i shouted " help"....I was happy that someone answered. But when i come to near of it, only one person was onboard. He was Jose Mari Cabrahan (AB), he pull the sea anchor near to me. He helped me up to board the life raft cause i was so tired When i was onboard, we search the area hoping that we see our crew mates. until it was dark. we switch on the life raft's light and I also on the flash light to the area so that if there some of our crew mates can see us. But no one comes. we waited rescue for the whole night, Until in the morning. daylight has come, we saw a ship afar. We felt joy and gladness. we put out parachute hoping they can us but the parachute was not working. so we used hand flare waving up. but the ship was so far from us. we lose our hope and rested inside the life raft. Hours had gone, we again see whats outside and we saw a ship afar facing to our direction. we felt joy and gladness again and we put the three parachute but it was still not working. we get the smoke signal and throw outside, we also use other hand flare and waving...
waving it up. We felt gladness that the ship blow it's horn. Meaning they saw us. And we also see another ship facing unto us. When the ship was near, we saw the name of the ship M/V ELPIDA. Number of crew was waiting outside and waving unto us. until they get us out from the sea. We have a big thanks to all crew and oficers of MV Elpida especially to Captain Pelayo and C/E. They gave us clothes and they also feed us. Until here.. Truthfully Renato L Daymiel

AB STATEMENT:

I am Jose Marie Cabrahan on board Stellar Daisy. 1530h LT 31 March 2017. I hear an explosion on deck. then i felt that the ship was listing to port side. I immediately left my work on upper deck and went directly to my cabin to get life jacket and immersion suit. and went directly to " Muster Station" in port side. When was there; no one was there. And i heard captain announced "All crew got to bridge. two times. The ship was still listing continuously to port side and i passed to port side stair way through the bridge. when i entered the bridge, i saw C/E lying near the door and i saw CAPT/ 2M/3M/Ccook/2cook/AB Cadet deck/Oiler/ elec. All of them was wearing life jacket. i saw the clinometer continuously listing. Iwas in the port side near the door. Maybe 1-2 minutes i saw 3M on teh VHF calling Mayday Mayday Mayday, then i saw the water coming into the bridge from the port side and i jumped to the water. It pulled me under rolling like washing machine, luckily that i wear life jacket and when i go to the surface of the water, the ship was gone. I saw the sea was in bubbles . and after couple of minutes , nobody was there. i saw a immersion suit and got it and hug it. and took a rest for a minute. I saw a life raft afar like 270-300 meters away. i swim for it and slowly thinking that i will survive. when i was onboard the life raft, i took 10 minutes to rest. After a while, i heard shouting for help and saw a crew. i pulled the sea anchor to be near him. he was No.1 oiler,"Renato Daymiel", while we're inside the liferaft. we search nearby hoping to see other crew mates. then i saw one capsized life raft. i also saw three life jackets floating but nobody was there. we stay inside the life raft and looking out nearby. Until in was night time, we never saw our crew mates. At night we lighted the canopy light and also our life jackets. In the morning April 1, 2017 we saw a ship coming, we used smoke signal and hand flare so that they can noticed us, we felt hope and joy the time they saw us and coming right to us. we used parachute flares but it's not working. we used smoke signal and hand flare. hte ship was coming unto us and the name of the ship was MV ELPIDA. they rescued us at 13:45LT. Thank you to all crew of "MV ELPIDA" . They gave us clothes and feed us.

Juha Tuomala

Upotessaan kuplien määrä vedessä muuttaa sen tiheyttä eikä enää kannattele ihmistä. Kuplien vähetessä kaveri tulee pintaan kuin korkki kuten ekan tarinassa. Ehkä se kaasua täynnä oleva vesi hukutti muut?

Tuomas Romu

Nyytinmurtajat testasivat tätäkin:

In a small-scale test of buoyancy in bubbling water, Adam built a crude hydrometer, weighted to float at a certain height, and placed it in a fish tank full of water. The device did not sink when air bubbled in, but he and Jamie thought that this was the result of upward water currents. Jamie then built a larger bubbler to place inside a 10,000-gallon tank (previously used in the whirlpool myths). Adam donned a wetsuit and carried enough weights to leave only his head above the surface. When the bubbler was turned on, the upwelling pushed him to one side, where he sank in a downward current.

In order to eliminate these wall effects, Adam and Jamie built a 4-by-16-foot bubbler to place at the bottom of a swimming pool. After they added weights to keep the rig from floating up, Adam tried to swim across the pool and back through the bubbles. The trip proved difficult at 25% power and impossible at 100%. Adam and Jamie classified the myth as plausible, but for a different reason from the one expected — water currents holding the swimmer at the surface, rather than a loss of buoyancy due to the air bubbles.

Juha Tuomala

Joo, näin ton. Adamia alkoi vain jänskättämään siinä eikä siitä testaamisesta tullut oikein mitään. Upotettu alus oli pienehkö jonka ilmataskut eivät kyllä vastanneet laivaa.

Samasta ilmiöstä on ollut puhetta Bermudan kolmiossa laivojen kadotessa, jos pohjasta vapautuisi maakaasua tms isoja määriä jotka aiheuttaisivat tiheyden laskun, se voisi aiheuttaa laivan uppoamisen.

Sama ilmiö toimii joka aamu kahvinkeittimessä joten ei mulla ole mitään syytä olla uskomatta sitä.